|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet this wikia's standards.|
After the Battle Phase, the Turn Player enters Main Phase 2. In this Phase, any action that could normally be performed in Main Phase 1 can occur, as long as the requirements are met (i.e. no more than 1 Normal Summon or Set).
In Main Phase 2, the Turn Player may:
- Normal Summon, Tribute Summon, or Set a monster if you have not already done so in Main Phase 1.
- Special Summon a monster(s).
- Manually change the Battle Position or perform a Flip Summon on a Monster Card, provided it was not Set or Summoned in Main Phase 1.
- Activate effects, such as those of "Barrel Dragon" or "Blowback Dragon" if they have not been activated in Main Phase 1.
- Activate or Set Spell and/or Trap Cards of any speed. Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards cannot be activated in the turn they are Set.
If a particular monster wasn't Summoned this turn, the Turn Player can flip it face-down using its effect (such as with "Guardian Sphinx" or "Swarm of Scarabs"), and then perform a manual Flip Summon on it, since the rules state that one manual Battle Position change may be performed per turn.
Types of Monster Cards
Types of Spell Cards
Types of Trap Cards
Other Types of Card
ATK - DEF - Level - Rank - Attribute - Type
Playing Field Zones
Types of Summon
Types of Monster Effects
Types of Effect Monsters
Types of Spell Speed
Aqua - Beast - Beast-Warrior - Cyberse - Dinosaur - Dragon