|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet this wikia's standards.|
Spell Cards (formerly known as Magic Cards) are green-colored cards that have various effects to alter the play of the game. Often, a Spell Card has a single effect to provide a bonus to the user or a weakness to the opponent. All Spells are Spell Speed 1, with the exception of Quick-Play Spells, which are Spell Speed 2. You may play as many Spell Cards as you would like per turn.
Although Spell Cards are often not as powerful as a Trap Card, they have the advantage that they may be played the turn they're drawn without having to Set them first. A Set Spell Card may be activated the turn it is Set as well (with the exception of Quick-Play Spell Cards).
Used properly, a single Spell Card can significantly alter the game in the user's favour.It isn't uncommon for a player to win a Duel with the use of a single Spell Card. " " is a common example of a Spell Card that is capable of winning a Duel (though it has since been Forbidden).
A Spell Card's type is designated by a symbol to the right of the words "Spell Card". The various Spell Card Types are:
- Normal Spell; No Symbol
- Continuous Spell, symbolized with an "infinity" symbol.
- Equip Spell, symbolized with a "plus" symbol.
- Quick-Play Spell, symbolized with a lightning bolt.
- Field Spell, symbolized with a compass.
- Ritual Spell, symbolized with a torch.
Types by wiki contributors
- Pressure Spell cards, Symbolized with a sparkle to represent a miracle. File:PressureSP.png
- Fragment Spell Cards, Symbolized with two of the arrows of the compass from the Field Spell Cards.