In the anime, many characters have chants for some of their Synchro Monsters, which they recite while Synchro Summoning them.
How to Summon a Synchro Monster
1. During your Main Phase 1 or 2, when the total Level of a Tuner and 1 or more non-Tuner monsters you control is equal to the Level of a Synchro Monster you want to summon, you can declare that you are performing a Synchro Summon. These Tuner and the non-Tuner monsters are called the Synchro Materials. Redundant monster(s) are irrelevant.
2. In order to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck, you add the level of a Tuner Monster on your field to the level of another monster(s) on your side of the field. That value must equal the level of the Synchro Monster you wish to summon.
A Synchro Summon is another type of Special Summon..
3. After sending the monsters from your side of the field to the Graveyard, you then place the Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in face-up Attack Position or Defense Position on your side of the field.
- A Synchro Summon is one kind of Special Summon, like Fusion Summon and Ritual Summon
- The mechanics on how a Synchro Summon are done, is quite similar to a Ritual Summon, albeit without the Ritual Spell.
- You can Synchro Summon while Synchro Materials are removed from play. Also, Tokens and Trap Monsters (and presumably, Spell Monsters) can be used as Synchro Materials. is in play. In this case, the
- Synchro Monsters are like Fusion Monsters. Once the Synchro Monster is properly Synchro Summoned, it can be Special Summoned with " ", " ", etc. as long as the Synchro Monster is not returned to the Extra Deck. If the Synchro Monster is sent to the Graveyard without being Summoned, such as by the effect of " ", then you cannot Special Summon it.
- Performing a Synchro Summon does not start a chain.
- You cannot use face-down monsters to perform a Synchro Summon.
- You can negate a Synchro Summon with " ", ", " ", " ", " ", etc.
- If the Synchro Monster requires Synchro Materials of a specific Attribute (like " "), you can use a monster with multiple Attributes (like " ") as a Synchro Material.
- The monsters used in Synchro Summoning are not treated as Tributed.
- You may also Synchro Summon twice per turn if you have the appropriate monsters out on the field to preform it, due to the fact that the rules do not limit you from Special Summoning twice.
In other media
Earlier, Synchro Summoning in Yu-Gi-Oh! ME is depicted as having the Tuner becoming thick green rings equal to its Level while the non-Tuners becoming Levels. In Chapter 7, the Tuner rings became similar to how they appeared in Paintress" monsters, but it never happened.anime, then in Chapter 8, the sequences regresses the Tuner into a separate Level, also borrowing the same background used in ARC-V, then finally, in Chapter 9, the sequence used the same exact aesthetics used in ARC-V. Initially, it was planned to have a special Summoning sequence to "