Hi, I just wanted to note you that if you do not put your username in the "creator" parameter of your cards template, the cards will not be added to your created cards list, which is not recommendable as they may be difficult to find in the future. If you do not want to put them in the creator parameter, you should at least add them to the category "Cards created by Autumnight", which is done in the box to the right of the edit page.
It is just an advice :) --Feder373 (talk) 00:09, April 23, 2020 (UTC)
Hi, noted for tips! Autumnight (talk) 01:50, April 23, 2020 (UTC)
- ...do you have a problem with our standard templates or something? What's up with the ones you're making? --XBRAIN130™ 18:57, April 23, 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, Xbrain. Yes, the standard character template is weird and outdated. Unlike the card template, it is broken and out of shape. Information that I do not wish to key in will appear regardless. It seems nobody is updating the template, which is reasonable since card is the focus. Instead of asking someone to update it, I am creating an updated version and include some parameters that I wish to show. I am also planning to add some custom stats as well under the infobox. It is not something everyone want to have under their infobox, so I don't think it is reasonable to edit on the public template directly. Autumnight (talk) 03:38, April 24, 2020 (UTC)
- ...I already told you, you should do neither update it directly nor create even more, just request edits to the admins! That's one of the reasons I'm here to begin with, to update stuff. And by the way, since you seem to be drawing from the old templates, we already have newer and better ones: Template:Character and Template:Infobox set. --XBRAIN130™ 10:57, April 24, 2020 (UTC)
- Well you did mentioned not to copy paste the whole template and make 1 or 2 minor changes. I was creating a derived template which is customized to my style. I mean no disrespect, but creating a template is like creating an article. I do not really see any needs to bar a person from having their own template since everyone have their own taste and style. But I do agreed with you of not creating another copy if it is just one or two changes, like the card table.
- However, if this is the rules of the fandom, I would gladly follow it. I would like to request the permission to amend this Infobox (but customizing it will caused a lot of disruptions as some articles are using it). I am aiming to create an infobox as close as the Yugioh Fandom. I would also like to customize the bottom part of the infobox later with collapsible table and dueling stats stuff, but that is another story for another time. Autumnight (talk) 22:05, April 24, 2020 (UTC)
- The way I see it, everyone making their own templates would be more trouble than its worth, since we might end up with tons of different ones for basically the same purposes, coded with different skill levels to use different parameter names but given similar names, creating a mess that would make for other users difficult to identify the standard one and learn how to use it, and for us admins to manage. At worst, some people may insist to create obnoxiously flashy ones that are barely readable and detract from their articles.
- TL;DR it's not really a rule, but I believe it would be more convenient. Especially since the 2 templates I linked use special coding made just for infoboxes, which make them lighter and much less of an hassle to edit than normal table-based ones, even if the look is not customizable.
- At any rate, if you really want to use your own templates, at least don't go creating copies for every page it needs to be used on (e.g. Template:Infobox/Akiko Ryoshin), since it defeats the point of using templates to begin with. --XBRAIN130™ 23:11, April 24, 2020 (UTC)
- I understood your concern. I would prefer this template style but I would not mind merging it with Infobox and make it for public use. As for your second concern, I understood and will refrain from doing that. I did that to avoid "appearing" in recent activity whenever I edit the character infobox. Autumnight (talk) 06:10, April 25, 2020 (UTC)
Rule of Copyrights. Unless Hollow Knight was recently acquired by Konami, or Hollow Knight is a character in Yugioh Sevens that I haven't seen, it does not follow the rules. Slipmcripfist (talk) 18:25, May 3, 2020 (UTC)